Ex-marine charged with manslaughter for fatal chokehold on homeless Black man on NYC subway

By WNews 1 Min Read

A former U.S. Marine sergeant who killed a homeless Black man by putting him in a chokehold on the New York City subway earlier this month was charged with manslaughter on Friday in a Manhattan criminal court, hours after he surrendered to police.

A viral video showed Daniel Penny putting 30-year-old Jordan Neely in a chokehold on May 1 while they rode on an F train in Manhattan. Neely died from a compression of the neck, the medical examiner said, but Penny’s lawyers said their client did not mean to kill him.

According to witnesses, Neely, who was known to impersonate Michael

Share This Article
By WNews
Follow:
WNews bring the latest news in an objection, balance and honest.
Leave a comment